Choosing the right natural stone for your home can be a daunting process. However, making some decisions before you start can help. This section explains how Avanti Marble & Granite’s Stone Selection Process works, which we hope will make selecting your granite an enjoyable experience.
Our showroom hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. We also see clients on Saturdays by appointment only. The Saturday schedule often fills up so we recommend making your appointment early in the week.
Here’s what you can expect if your countertops are going to be installed in the following time frames:
One to two weeks or less away from installation: You are at an ideal stage to pick the actual slabs for your project.
Three to five weeks away from installation: You can reserve slabs from a particular lot, but we need confirmation from your fabricator in order to hold specific slabs.
Before You Arrive
- Browse our website – Check out the variety of stones available on our website to get an idea of what color range you like. What colors draw your eye? What will compliment your décor?
- Come prepared – If possible, bring a cabinet sample, floor sample or other piece of décor to see if the stone color you select will compliment your home.
- Do your research – Avanti Marble & Granite cannot assist you with selecting a fabricator but we can offer some suggestions to help ensure that your experience is a pleasant one. When selecting a fabricator, we recommend that you:
- Make sure that you feel comfortable with your fabricator. It’s important to work with helpful people that you trust during this process. Remember, this should be an enjoyable experience.
- Ask & Listen. Has a neighbor or friend recently purchased granite? Ask them about their experience.
- Go see their work. Ask your fabricator if they have recently completed any commercial projects or any model home installs that you can preview.
- Any questions regarding maintenance, installation or pricing of your countertops should be directed to your fabricator.
- One of our experienced design consultants will escort you through our showroom, where you will have the opportunity to view more than 150 varieties of natural stone.
- You can select the specific slabs you would like to put on hold for your project or simply use your visit to get an idea of which stone you would like.
- Avanti Marble & Granite will hold your slabs for up to two weeks. Extensions are granted on a case by case basis.
- Fabricators typically require a customer deposit before they will allow us to deliver your slabs to them.